7546 Av. De Gaspé
Stunning 'private' open-concept gem designed by award winning LA SHED ARCHITECTURE:Double-height ceiling and catwalk provide light and unique volume to a gorgeous living space.Open kitchen with 2 islands and unobstructed view of LVRM/DNRM and large private garden.4 BDRM, 2 BTHRM, open den, private terrace, large storage, garage, green laneway.
* Quiet residential area
* Located on a one-way heritage street
* Bordered by a green alley, with more than 33 children who animate the alley Summer and Winter
* Two elementary schools located on Avenue de Gaspé
* 10 minutes walk from Jean-Talon Metro (Orange line and Blue Line)
* 10 minutes walk from Jean-Talon Market and Little Italy,
* 5 minutes from Jarry Park for tennis courts, swimming pools and greenery
* 5 minutes drive from the Central Market
* 20 minutes from Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport
* 10 minute walk from Uniprix Stadium for indoor tennis courts
* Quick access to Highway 40 and 15 North.
* Near the artificial intelligence hub (Mile-Ex), the UdeM Science Campus
Located within Montreal’s Villeray district, the ‘de Gaspé house’ is a renovated single family home completed by local practice la SHED architecture. acknowledging that a full restoration would be impossible to implement, the design team chose to create a contemporary façade that would seamlessly integrate with the surrounding urban fabric. in order to do this, a variety of steps were taken in order to reconcile old and new. firstly, dark painted clay brick was chosen as the material for the façade because of its resemblance to the surrounding buildings. a remodeling of the openings allowed windows to be placed vertically, while relief work on the brick crowning alluded to the traditional masonry ornaments typical of the surrounding area.
Internally, a compact block, containing the closets, bathroom and storage space, is positioned near the entrance in order to create a separation between the vestibule and living spaces. all upper elements of the kitchen were also placed in the service block, which allows for an organization of work spaces around two islands oriented towards the living space. the living room, aligned with the kitchen, benefits from having twice the ceiling height which brings light from the first storey down to the ground floor. on one side, a bookshelf extends to the double height volume and acts as a screen that conceals the stairs.
At the top of the stairs a large hallway regulates access to bedrooms and the bathroom. this circulation, controlled by a multitude of sliding doors, creates a space in constant evolution throughout the day. the master bathroom contains a skylight the same width as the room itself and is thus flooded with natural light that is reflected by white ceramic walls.
At the rear, the house’s original volume was preserved while taking away a portion of the first floor in order to create a patio. this removal allowed for an alleviation of the building’s density in relation to the backyard, while providing the garden with further natural light and a more open line of sight. the garage is located in a timber block that extends from the inside of the house, amplifying the continuity between indoor and outdoor space.
* House with a 30 ft. facade - South side
* Heated garage with 12 ft. door heated and connected to the house
* 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, dining room, kitchen, portico
* 2 Two full bathrooms with heated floors
* Wood floors throughout
* Oversized windows for maximized light even in the Winter
* Outer shell and openings completely redone, new brick & metal
* Structure and component completely redone
* Copper plumbing
* Two 40-gallon hot water tanks
* Electricity completely redone with 200 amp. input
* Garage has a 100 amp to allow for the future installation of an electric car charger
* Large terrace on the roof of the garage
* Very bright and intimate courtyard with huge terrace
* Landscaping front and rear
* Gas heating and central air conditioning with NEST control
* Big Ass Fan Haiku Fan
* Central air conditioning
* Network cabling in all rooms (CAT 6 and 5e)
* Audio cabling in all rooms
* Built-in Thermador refrigerator
* Asko dishwasher, built-in
* 5-zone Bosch induction hob
* Gas inlet for stove
* Gas outlet for BBQ
* Self-cleaning convection oven and built-in microwave oven
* Modern cabinetry including 2 huge stainless-steel islands 12 'x 3' ft.
* Large outdoor storage for off-season items (1000 ft. cu.)
*Cost of electricity per month = $150/month
* Cost of Natural Gas per month = $100/month
All appliances including built-in Thermador refrigerator, Asko dishwasher and built-in 5-zone Bosch induction hob, curtains and blinds, central vacuum, smart Big Ass Fan, smart Nest thermostat, BBQ, TV furniture, gas inlet for stove, gas outlet for BBQ, network and audio cabling throughout.